Unemployed climber seeks similar

M_wedeven

Hi, I'm a climber from Olympia WA interested in finding a partner for fast, light, and impassioned alpine climbing in the Olympics and Cascades. Apart for the occasional girlfriend or roommate that I drag into the mountains (and sometimes down), I've mainly been soloing and sticking with alpine routes (III-IV), fifth-class rock scrabbles and ridge traverses. That said, I can't make any claims about technical proficiencies. I haven’t taken a crevasse-rescue course; I don't belong to a climbing club. I have absolutely no climbing certifications what so ever. I climbed Constance, the Brothers, and Olympus with the wood shafted ice axe my father bought from REI in 1974. Last week the zipper broke on my down jacket, it's now a pull over. I low-balled the guy who sold me his ice tools on Craiglist. I climb building facades when I drink. I enjoy winter ascents, trail running approaches, and finding new and interesting lines (even if it’s shit-Olympic-pillow lava). I have a car, but my license is suspended. Etc.

I’m getting tired of soloing and finding it difficult to do the routes I want without a partner. My schedule is fairly flexible and I’m in strong favor of car-to-car pushes in the long days of summer.

Edited by M_wedeven

• Replies 0
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic