Baker Anyone?

SpeedyXC

So, here's the deal. I've lived in Bellingham my entire life and I've always wanted to climb Baker. I've had plans to climb it for the past 3 summers, but every time the group I am going with decides not to at the last minute. It is driving me crazy. I'm 22 and I've been hiking all over Washington since I was 6. I have planned and led several off trail traverses, but have never done any roped glacier travel. The biggest peak I've climbed was Mt. Stuart (via the Cascadian Couloir) which was a fun climb, but it was rather easy and not at all technical. I'd like to start climbing some bigger peaks, but I don't have the money to pay for a Mountaineering course as I am a poor college student. I am in excellent shape. I run 80-100 miles a week in hills and lift weights/do core strength exercises regularly. I also own and have read the "Freedom of the Hills" book on Mountaineering. I just need someone who would be willing show me the basics. Other than a few dates, I can get time off of work almost anytime this summer, so I can try and work around your schedule. If you're looking for a fit climbing partner and don't mind teaching me the basics, I'd love to climb with you.

• Replies 2
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic