Civil Engineer Wanted for Madrone Wall (OR)

elaine

I had heard from someone once before say that, "If you never ask, the answer is always 'No' "

Might help? Can't hurt!

Based on my recent update in this forum, Keith Daellenbach ( an engineer himself) has drafted a SOW or Statement of Work. To simply sum it up, Clackamas County Planner, Katie Dunham (kdunham@co.clackamas.or us) asked the MWPC to find a civil engineer that would be willing to do the engineering plans "pro bono."

We have sent this SOW to Univ. of Portland, PSU, and OSU. No confirmed takers, but some possible interest from OSU. I thought I'd post it here in case other engineering students ( or professionals) would want a crack at it. Details are below. You must contact Keith directly if you have further questions or are interested. His info is below.

I'm taking a shot here because many climbers have told be about their own skills, and using the professional talent of climbers to help move forward on the creation of a park at this site.

Madrone Wall Park Creation Help Needed

Are you looking for real-world engineering experience? Are you interested in helping create a new Clackamas County Park that will be enjoyed for years to come? Would you like to be paid for your hard work?

If so, a Spring/Summer 2009 term project is waiting for you. Our non-profit organization seeks a motivated civil engineering student, or group of students, to design a quarter mile gravel access pedestrian and vehicle access road into the park terminating in a dispersed gravel parking area for 20 vehicles. Additionally, assistance is needed to determine whether or not a left turn lane will be warranted by ODOT off of State Highway 224 and preparation assistance for ODOT’s “Application for State Highway Approach”. This primitive park will have no electricity or potable water and will have a vault toilet, entrance gate, and trail head signage.

This 44-acre amazing civic treasure is located on the eastern edge of Metro Portland adjacent to Damascus. The County is scheduled to implement the engineering construction documents and create the park in 2010. Once this site is opened, it will be enjoyed by hikers, rock climbers, bird watchers, picnickers, wild flower viewers for generations. A few trips to Clackamas County will be needed, however, most work can be accomplished remotely. Only a part-time effort is needed and up to a $500 stipend is available for completion of engineering construction documents.

To be considered, please email your

resume and interest by April 24th to:

Keith K. Daellenbach, P.E.

Director/Treasurer

Madrone Wall Preservation Committee

5815 N.E. 31st Avenue

Portland, Oregon 97211

503/249-1618

kdaellenbach@att.net

WWW.SAVEMADRONE.ORG

• 3 weeks later...
  • Replies 1