Marble Canyon Conditions

darb

• Replies 2
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Ya I was up at Dream Catcher this weekend and the whole place faces the sun is totally white and actively falling down, I was also there when Bruce climbed it and I would suggest there was more ice then and waaaaay colder. Dream catcher was in full baking sun by 10 am and is fringed with all sorts of daggers.

I also scoped entropy and ya if you want to climb white ice quivering in the sun then yup its "in"

It looks white and gross from the road I can only imagine how it looks up close which is why I went climbing in Squamish.

Pemberton has cold pools of air but its not everywhere, we were in T shirts at the base of Dream Catcher I couldnt seem to get the temp below 10 on my watch but it was so damn sunny out was having a hard time keeping it in the shade

Paid or laid has mostly fallen down Ten stitches is also not happening.

From the parking area at X'itoclaw it does appear that the routes are not avy threatened but the copious amount of debris at the base would suggest otherwise.

I dunno those reports from the road as opposed to climbing reports always seem very optimistic..however I am sure Marble is climbable but.. :yawn:

Craigs a good climber so when he says Loose Lady is in and Steve backed off I bet its in pretty stiff conditions

Seems like a mighty tough winter, although I suppose we were due for one after having such amzing ones over the last few seasons

Good Luck