Partners 4 Mixed mountain fun

paddyrock

Hi

Iam an out of work irish man looking for mixed climbing fun for the winter. I am not familiar with the cascades, I only have the Selected climbs of the cascades to go off of. Jim nelson & Peter potterfield, so i dont really know where to start. I have lots of high mountain and winter mountaineering experience In the Alps, Scottish/irish winter climbs, and lots of stuff in the sierra as well.

Iam living in california bay area, what would be most ideal is to wait for a good weather window and then make the 10hr dash up north an do the business. Yea i have a lot of time on my hands...

Id like to find a solid partner to try some committing routes and hopefully do a trip to alaska in the spring.

Some of the routes i have been looking at.

Chair peak NF

Rainier Liberty Ridge

dragontail triple couloir

Mt index Nf or Traverse

Iam open to suggestions on routes or bata on some of the routes above..

Cheers

• Replies 2
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Liberty Ridge would be great but most people rule it out over winter because of the longer approach out of Paradise (your only P entrance). The Niqually ice fall might be a cool alternative.

Triple Couloirs is committing and exciting; everyone seems to spend a night stuck on top.

Mt Stuart has a col/ ice line I'd like to find out more about.

Chair Peak is pretty short for a ten hour drive but has easy access. Nelson mentions a mixed line right near by that sounds wild.

Send a note when you're getting into the area

I would be into climbing any of the routes you listed. I'm a firefighter in Spokane, and have a really flexible schedule. I can get a week off easily if I have a couple weeks to plan. I'd particularly like to do Triple Couloirs and a couple other routes nearby. I'm pretty familiar with the area. My email is coldiron12@yahoo.com or you can call me at 509-475-4056

Scott