Lightning Dome partners wanted, 8/19-8/25

sobo

Sobo will be camped along the SF Clearwater River somewhere near the stone for the week of 8/19 through 8/25, and would be willing to entertain various climbing partners for romps on the fine granite of Lightning Dome during that week. I will have a “base camp” of sorts set up with all the cooking gear, fuel, utensils, and other necessities of life for the duration. Ya’ll are welcome to stop on in and I’ll either drink with you, climb with you, or both. However, be warned that I won’t drink with you before climbing, unless it’s the night before climbing.

RSVP here or you can PM me if you think you’ll be passing through, as I’d like a general idea of when to be around camp to meet up with you. I usually set up camp (for free) at Meadow Creek CG (at MP 17.0) or at another free spot that Ken (112) found at MP 14.5 or so. Both have shitters, tables, and fire rings. Water is available at other pay-to-stay CGs in the area, or just pump from the creek.

I look pretty much like this guy here, and drive this POS 2-door Exploder (WA tag 956-THI), so if you see this rig around, I can’t be too far away.

paul2.jpg

If you’re not familiar with Lightning Dome on the SF Clearwater, these pics will clue you in.

All photo descriptions are in my gallery.

201Lightning_Dome_right_side.jpg201Rolling_Stone_Wall.jpg

paul2_p2.jpg

201Bastille_Wall_02_Lightning_Dome.jpg201Bastille_Wall_01_Lightning_Dome.jpg

201Bastille_Wall_03_Lightning_Dome.jpg201Brown_Sugar_Jon_01.jpg

201Fat_Albert_Jon_01.jpg201Dorsal_Fin.jpg

201Midnight_Fright_FNA_Lightning_Dome.jpg

So give me a shout and sign up for some fun in the sun in I-dee-ho next week and help to make my vacation a stellar one to remember! Oh, and if you have a #5 and/or #6 Camalot, bring it along! It'll get used, trust me...

• Replies 2
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic