Women's mountaineering boots

jewels421

I am currently shopping for a new pair of boots (leather) for a Rainier climb in mid-August. While the boots absolutely have to be appropriate for Rainier (2 days, standard DC route, staying in RMI hut at Muir), I would love to get a pair that I could also use for my lighter mountaineering and heavier backpacking trips.

I have done quite a bit of research, reading reviews on various sites, threads here on cc.com and other sites, etc. Most of the discussions have been about the Men's version of the boots, which is still helpful, but I'm just curious if there's anyone out there who can speak to the Women's versions.

I'm thinking about a few different pairs -- Garmont Tower GTX, Lowa Mountain Expert, and the Trango EVOs. Since I live in Chicago, there's nowhere that carries women's mountaineering boots to try on (that I know of), so I've ordered a bunch online from places with free shipping to try out. Obviously, fit will be the key (I have pretty narrow feet), but I'm a little worried that the Trangos (and possibly the Towers) won't be warm enough. My feet don't necessarily run super cold, but probably colder than the average guy.

Does anyone have any input about warmth or other experiences with the Women's version of these (or other similar) boots?

Thanks!

• Replies 0
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days