Stove testing

DetachedFlake

As an addendum, I'll be happy to schlep a bunch of stoves up somewhere high and cold to do some hard numbers testing if anybody feels like donating from their arsenal. I have a WL int'l, Simmerlite and Windpro, and maybe still a PR floating around. Would like to add a jetboil, reactor, XGK and the PR to the mix. I'll provide canisters if someone can come up with a gram scale. And maybe that CO meter to see just how dangerous these things are, just for giggles. Testing parameter suggestions?

lewis

• Replies 3
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

It would be cool to see the results although giving up my second MSR Reactor after the first had a meltdown would be difficult. nothing turns snow into hot water as fast although now after many uses I am not sure the trade off of CO poisoning, fuel issues and inability to "fix it" in the field is worth it,

My last one ended with a fireball the size of a basketball.

I still bring my Whisperlite as a backup.

Basic permaiter should be: use at high elevations.. maybe Muir, at or around freezing, not in vestibule.