For Hendershot

KaskadskyjKozak

• Replies 7
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

Ok, I'm taking Ivan's advice and trying to see if I can get a couple pages here;

My opinions on:

a. smoking in the muir hut

Tobacco!?! BS, inexcusable and plain inconsiderate. I belive the original thread was about smoking pot in the Muir hut. Again, inconsiderate if there are other people in the hut to begin with. Then you ask, "Mind if we roast one?" I understand the wind is a bitch out there. On the other hand, if no one is in the hut, then it's fair game.

I quit years ago for my own reasons, I appreciate being offered it, cause that's common courtesy but I'll politly decline.

b. evolution vs evilution

You mean evolution vs creation? I believe Science & Religion must agree. In the final anaylsis, science answers what religion can't about the physical world & religion answers what science can't about the spiritual world. I believe you can't get something outta nothing. If there was a true void or nonexistance, there would be no matter to build upon. Also, consider the improbable odds, that all these events would have occured to make this planet inhabitable.

c. christianity

Another Religion, in the same classification as other world Religions. The distinction that must be made is the teachings of the Founder and how man has interpreted it.

d. obama vs. billary vs mccain

Running short on time so making this simple. Obama has my vote.

e. titanium sporks

I own one, doesn't everybody?

f. coke vs pepsi

Coke. It's a no brainer

and of course

g. bolting n' sport climbing

gotta start somewhere, but it's better than bouldering

Not only are they stylish, but functional. Like spandex or shorts over polypro.

Seriously, most of the time on an approach, I am just in a base layer. Gore-tex will get you wet more from your own sweat than conditions. A windshirt can provide moderate protection with the breathability required for constant motion.

My biggest complaint is $120 for $3 worth of nylon material with a DWR.