Rock Climbing Helmets

I used to hardly ever put a helmet on, but this year my fiance and I have decided to start wearing them everywhere when climbing. Today as I was frantically pulling over the top of a climb my foot hold fell away and I looked down to see a rock the size of my hand falling straight for Denise. I yelled, "rock" just in time to see her curl up into a little ball and the rock bounce directly off the top of her helmet. What could have been a very bad situation turned into something we were instantly laughing about. Helmets are awsome.

• Replies 5
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

Nice save! Glad she has the right instincts and didn't look up.

A friend randomly through a frisby; it started coming toward me so he yelled my name. I turned around just in time for it to nail me in the nose. :mad:

I need to get a helmet fits comfortably. :confused:

Thats good that nobody was hurt, I started wearing a helmet after a certain experience in the Cheam Range... I was climb some exposed class 4 rock on Baby Munday Peak and all of a sudden i hear my friend yealling ROCK! and before I can even think I get pelted on the top of my head by a rock the size of a baseball, I was nearly knocked uncontious and just about let go of the cliff 500ft off the deck. I boughta helmet from MEC when I got home that day..