Climbing is so much safer!

cheamclimber

Damn, poeple always tell me that I'm gonna get killed climbing but I rarely every get hurt climbing. Look at these crazy sons of b*&%ches killing themselves doing what most people consider a less 'dangerous' sport than climbing

WHkPAZf8ki8

OhATK_vhMfA

SeeFvmRi6xM&feature=related

xXe4zO1DUu4&feature=related

just a thought

• Replies 5
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I don't think any of those sports are thought to be safer that climbing, even by the general public. Even so, there are probably more number of deaths annually related to climbing than those other sports. Percentage wise, which the general population does not take into consideration, my guess is there are probably higher percentage of deaths related to those other sports.

In the jumping sports, the jumper depends on a narrow angle of contact with the ramp for survival. The narrower the angle, the smaller the normal force for a fall of a given distance.

The reason the skater took such a hard fall after the 720, was that he pushed away from the ramp near the top of his launch. This resulted in his impacting the surface much lower than he should have. The lower you hit, the larger the angle and the harder the impact force.

While it's hard to say exactly at which angle she struck, it looks like he it was at about 45 degrees. The force reduction was only about 30 percent. So he survived the equivalent of a 30 foot fall.