FS: Osprey Xenith 7000 ci Large Pack

gt5816v

I've only used this pack once so it's perfect. It's almost 10 years old and has been mothballed in my closet for nearly that entire time. This is US made unlike their new packs. I have the Vector day pack and snowboard attachment along with a rain cover w/pouch and a water bottle holder.

From http://www.trailspace.com/gear:

"User Review: Osprey Xenith

Reviewed September 14, 1997 by Mike Fogarty

Rating: rated 5 of 5 stars

Design: Internal

Size: 7000 ci (size large/with the Vector Day)

Number of Pockets: toplid, upper, lower, & Vector day

Max. Load Carried: 75lb

Height of Owner: 6'4"

Price Paid: $400

I recently wore this pack to train for and to participate in an expedition seminar on Mt. Rainier. I bought this pack because of its workmanship and comfort. While shopping I tried a Mountainsmith, a North Face, and a Kelty Lockdown. Each was tested with about 50lb load over a period of a couple of days.

The Osprey was the most comfortable and had by far had the best workmanship. A plus is Osprey's Vector system. The Vector compression system is a line of 8 different pack attachments that act to carry gear and serve as the main compression system for the pack bag. I upgraded the standard 400 cu.in Vector 2 for a highly versitle 750 cu.in Vector Day. The day serves as a small day-bag and also will house a hydration bladder! It's a great system. I plan to purchase additional Vector components.

Another plus to the Ospery Xenith is the fact that it has slash zips and a really nice built-in sleeping bag stuffer.... which makes getting your sleeping bag into the pack a BREEZE!!

In summary, it's a well thought out and well made pack, a very comfortable pack, and the vector compression system adds tremendous functionality and versatility!"

$150 OBO

97225 can ship where ever

bp1hx4.jpg

bp2hr8.jpg

bp3kt1.jpg

bp4nr7.jpg

• Replies 0
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic