Old Rescue

kevbone

I know this is old....but did anyone read about this when is happened in 05/07. Crazy story

As reported by Tom Evans:

BIG RESCUE ON THE CAP TODAY. I guy fell from the pitch above the king swing and broke his femar with gallons of blood. I called it in around 9:30 am and told 911 to get some one here fast as the guy was bleeding to death. He was on Eagle ledge with his partner who was doing everyting he could to keep him alive... never seen such an amount of blood... the ledge was streaming with it. Anyway ... 3 choppers showed up and the full rescue team arrived after a time. They decided to attempt to lower Jack and Keith from a chopper to the guy. The winds have been blowing hard all week but today was different and it was just a breeze. Plan B was also put in place with the rescue team being flown to the top with ropes for a full on lower down planned if the chopper couldnt get in close... I dont think the guy would have survived the 6 hours that would take to do.. Anyway... the chopper flew and made a pass and then carefully came back and was just able to hover over the ledge long enough for Rangers Jack and Keith to get down to the guys with a litter. After they stableized him the chopper came up again and got him hauled up and flown down to the valley floor where he was attended to and flown out... some piece of flying that was... they say he will survive!! He was down in 3 hours total from call to fly out Keith Jack and the remaining partner rapped off and were down in a few hours... YOSAR plucks another Brother from the jaws of death.... SWEET!!

All traffic on the nose was of course stopped for several hours and several parties decided to bail as of course they would cross that bloody ledge if going on. A few parties are going on.

• Replies 0
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic