FS: MAMMUT Stratus Hooded Belay Parka

Delmarco

SIZE: Medium

COLOR: Blue w/ grey bits.

BACKGROUND:

Bought this amazing MAMMUT Belay jacket from the mountain tools website(http://www.mtntools.com/cat/techwear/Down/mammutstratushoodedjacketvest.htm)

last winter with the idea that I would use it for some serious Ice Climbing in the North East region. Sadly, winter was short and warm here and this jacket did not get much outdoor use at all. It is a remarkable technical jacket that is lighter, far more compressible, and as warm as the more expensive Patagonia Das Parka (I owned both jackets and can atest to this).

All my outdoor gear is made by Mammut due to their quality, non-commercial marksmanship and everything they design, including this parka, is purely with the wearer in mind. With total compressiblity, dual zippers, water-repellent fabrics, and due to fact it provides serious warmth in wet, cold weather the Stratus Belay Parka is now heralded as one of the best cold weather belay jackets for frigid weather climbing and activities. At this time it is no longer made by MAMMUT and the remaining stock is hard to find online.I paid $180 for it a few months ago, get it now for less.

CONDITION:

Like new, clean and execellent condition as you would buy it at the store. It has all tags. There are no stains, odors, tears, abrasions, broken zips, clips anywhere on this jacket. It was washed once with NikWax's Waterproof detergent. This jacket is wind-proof and water-repellent as the day it was bought.

TECHNICAL DESCRIPTION:

MAMMUT Men's Stratus Hooded Jacket

Mammut's Stratus Hooded Jacket is an insulated jacket for those chilly belays while climbing. A wind-proof outer shell is filled with high-performance MicroThermal Insulation to keep you toasty warm. Light and compressible, it's hard not to take this jacket on every adventure.

-MICRO Lite Tex microfiber outer shell is windproof and highly water-resistant

-Insulated with 240 g of high-performance MTI filling to keep you warm at every belay

-Only 31 oz. in weight and highly compressible/packable

-Helmet-sized attached, adjustable hood

-Two handwarmer pockets with hooded zippers and stretch-mesh lining

-Vertical zip chest pocket

-Two roomy inner net pockets

-Thumb loops and back-of-hand warmers

-Lycra® cuffs

Asking $100 or best offer.

mammut1.jpg

PICT0658.jpg

ms1.jpg

• Replies 4