Daniel to Big Snow traverse

BigSteve

Yesterday, my group completed an 8-day traverse Mt. Daniel to Big Snow Mtn. More specifically, we started at Cathedral Rock TH, climbed Cathedral Rock, to Peggy's Pond, standard ascent of Daniel, descended via Lynch Glacier/4th class slabs, down to lower Foss Glacier, then up and over Mt. Hinman to La Bohn Gap, then 2-1/2 day on Alpine Lakes High Route (w/Beckey shelf variation) to Gold Lake, over Big Snow Mtn., descent to Big Snow Lake to Myrtle Lake.

Conditions and weather generally good. No human contact between E Peak Daniel and Big Snow Lake. I had done about half of the route on prior trips in the 90's. Travel this year was more rugged than I had remembered -- as usual. Getting off the Lynch Glacier involved technical exposed travel, but the route is otherwise comprised of rough cross country travel with some scrambling and tricky routefinding in a few spots.

No time to post pics at this time. Heading up to do another high route on Tuesday.

Great adventurous route with lovely camps!

• Replies 1
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic