Video camera near base of Disappointment Cleaver

Katinka

Descending a DC Rainier climb this weekend I dropped my video camera just as we neared the base of Disappointment Cleaver, and it tumbled in slow motion across the trail and down to the unknown below. I'd been making a silly documentary of our climb which I was very stoked about.

I know it's a friggin' needle in a haystack, and I don't know exactly what was below us, but the camera was in a waterproof black case and could have survived the fall. It was new & digital. If you or any of your climbing buddies who laugh at crevasse-hopping are going to be up there this summer and want a challenge, we were on the last switchback of the Cleaver, stopped at a spot where a relatively solid rock wall sheltered us from rockfall, maybe 200 feet from where the trail hit snow again (on July 15). I think it fell about 50 feet to the snow (?) at the top of Ingraham flats, but the edge was unstable & I couldn't go peek over.

To anyone who sees this, could you please forward it on again AND post it on sites for any fearless & SAFETY-AWARE Rainier treasure hunters: I'd give $200 and a totally luscious dinner for the finder and their family/friends -- plus eternal gratitude -- to anyone who can rescue it.

Thanks,

Louisa

2louisa@gmail.com

• Replies 0
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic