• Announcements

• olyclimber

WELCOME TO THE CASCADECLIMBERS.COM FORUMS   02/03/18

We have upgraded to new forum software as of late last year, and it makes everything here so much better!  It is now much easier to do pretty much anything, including write Trip Reports, sell gear, schedule climbing related events, and more. There is a new reputation system that allows for positive contributors to be recognized,  it is possible to tag content with identifiers, drag and drop in images, and it is much easier to embed multimedia content from Youtube, Vimeo, and more.  In all, the site is much more user friendly, bug free, and feature rich!   Whether you're a new user or a grizzled cascadeclimbers.com veteran, we think you'll love the new forums. Enjoy!
Sign in to follow this  
mythosgrl

Camping in Leavenworth this Saturday

How crowded do you think it'll be at 8 mile? Any suggestions on where my friend and I should crash Saturday night? Will anyone else be around who is willing to share their campsite with 2 lovely ladies? :)

If anything like last weekend, it will be full by tonight, and stay full all weekend. You can always camp at the kayak camp on 8 mile rd, just past bridge creek campground, but don't expect much solitude. I posted a thread last week that garnered a few more tips on free campgrounds around LW among other places.

Shit I plan on being there on the 7th thru the 9th.

TrogB, can you point to that thread or re-post? Last time I was (there 2 weeks back) we were screwd as far as finding a spot anywhere in the canyon - people were using lawn chairs to block anyone from taking there friends spots until they showed up (which I thought was kind of fucked up). Is that even allowed?

I'll search for your thread but any advice on camping in the canyon is appreciated.

Thnx