Rainier Climbing Partners? July 12h ish

epicwinter

I am interested in climbing rainier and will be in the area sometime around july 11th, 12th, 13th, etc(i am a bit flexible). I am 31, very fit, but I don't have any real climbing experience with ropes. I am a serious skier and spend all winter on snow. I have done a lot of backcountry skiing in all kinds of conditions and have done some ice axe/crampon ascents with skis. I am very comfortable on steep snow/ice conditions and I am safety oriented. Let me know!

• Replies 3
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Epicwinter

I could have written your post precisely about myself. I am fit, coming off the AAI 6day mountaineering course, experienced hiker with little alpine experience - but I am keenly looking for a partner or two to climb Rainier (or other peaks). I am trying to get my experience up. I will be in Seattle area July 21-25 after the course with the sole purpose of attempting to find a way up Rainier. If this date works for you let me know please.

mattconnolly@gmail.com

• 5 years later...

Hello,

My name is Greg. I'm 26 and I'm also looking to climb Rainier around those dates as well and looking to organize a climbing party. I have quite a bit of experience climbing and have led some climbs as well. I also have a couple training climbs planned before July (Hood in may, and Adams in June) if you'd like to join on one of those. Contact me at gvogel_mathwsu@yahoo.com

Greg