Eyeware

Cando

• Replies 2
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

For some time I used Bolle's RX system on a pair of their sunglasses. I had problems with the prescription insert coming off of the lenses. They have come out with a new system where the RX insert snaps into a nosepiece. I haven't tried this system before.

Frustrated, I then moved to Smith's Moab sunglasses with their RX insert. I even had problems with this system. In particular, the insert would sometimes unsnap from the nosepiece. This really sucked if I was climbing or cycling. Sometimes the nosebiece unsnapped from the lens too. Even though their RX system sucked, Smith was pretty good about sending me free replacement nosepieces when the nosepads became unglued.

Personally, I do not think there is a good system out there. I finally got tired of my lenses fogging up, so I went out and got contacts. What a difference! I don't have to worry about my prescriptions unsnapping from my sunglasses, and best of all, my lenses don't fog up! Wow! what a difference.

However, there is a good place called Opticus (www.opticus.com) that makes prescription glacier glasses. I have heard really ood things about the company. Try them out.

Thanks. I appreciate the info. Unfortunately the Doc's telling me that my stygmatism isn't a good candiate for either contacts or laser correction.

I've decided to give the new Bolle system a try. the snap-in RX insert appears to be pretty solid. My gut tells me that if it does happen to "pop" out, going to have more to worry about than the RX insert.

[big Drink]