Liberty Ridge

crampon_retread

• 4 weeks later...
  • Replies 1
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Hey, I just saw your posting. I'm new to this BB, but I've been climbing for about 10 years. I've had Liberty Ridge in my sights for quite a while. I was going to do it with my long-time partner, but he blew me off for Colorado, a new job, and his family...what can I say.

We were working up to L. Ridge with some other routes...I've climbed the Sandy Glacier Headwall on Mt. Hood, the Ice Cliff Glacier on Mt. Stuart, the North Face Ice Couloir on Mt. Maude for snow/ice. I've led Orbit and Outer Space on Snow Creek Wall, North Ridge of Mt. Stuart, West Ridge of Prusik Peak, West Ridge of Forbidden Peak, and the Upper Exum on the Grand. I'm generally comfortable on snow and rock, I've done some leading on ice, but not in a while.

Have you thought about anything to warm up for L. Ridge?? I'd like to do the North Face of Buckner. I'm fit right now, training for RAMROD this July, but my fingers definitely need some time on the rock to toughen up. I'd be interested in some more info on your experience and interests.