Alpental Rando Rally?

coldiron

Depending on who you want to believe, The Alpental Rando Rally is this Sunday at either 8 a.m. sharp or 9 a.m. sharp. Awards will follow at either 1:30-2 p.m. or 3 p.m., and lift tickets will be available for either 20 or 22 bucks, a good deal at either price.

It's described here as "A gruelling randonee rally across Alpental and its backcountry" Ooh boy, grueling, that ought to bring out the spectators!!

http://www.summitatsnoqualmie.com/wi...ntcalendar.asp

Other info is available here: http://www.life-link.com/alpental_registration.htm

It will be a kick-ass race at either time. Show up to watch or race if you're in the area. World Cup racer Peter Svatojansky (6th in 2006 World Cup Team standings, 8th in individual), will be there, along with a few fast Canucks (and, I hope, some fast U.S. racers.) Alpental always draws a big turnout, and Martin Volken runs a good race.

Apparently, the race will not be the 2002 course detailed on the life-link site(time for an update?). I heard it'll be mostly inbounds and fun to watch from the lifts.

Anyone that is privy to actual start time please post it.

This is the third race in three weeks of which Outdoor Research has been the title sponsor! Thanks.

• Replies 2
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Nice race Scott! Just think, if they had only let Americans race, you would have won it! What did you think of the course compared to the one at Crystal? I noticed you were skiing the Trabs instead of the MX20s...how'd that work out for you?