[TR] McMinnville Oregon - Baker Creek Falls 1/16/2007

KingsMM

Trip: McMinnville Oregon - Baker Creek Falls

Date: 1/16/2007

Trip Report:

School is cancelled! Time to hit the ice! You have probably never heard of Baker Creek falls. It is a waterfall about 30 min from McMinnville, Oregon. (McMinnville is about a hour south of Portland.) I live near McMinnville and was desperate to climb some ice. It had been quite cold lately so me and my brother dicided to make the drive up. It turned out to have Ice, yes i know it sounds impossible but on the left side of the 30 ft falls was about a section about six feet wide that was about 4 inches thick! When we got there the ice was melting quickly and wasn't bonded to the rock very well. We opted for a top rope. Turned out to be very easy i'd say W2. Was really sweet to find ice so close to home. After runing up it a few times we headed back to the car and spoted a few other "thin lines." I wish i had pics but my brother forgot the camera in the car. It was a great snow day! Anyone else climbed on this falls?

Gear Notes:

2 Ice axes (i don't own ice tools yet)

Approach Notes:

30min drive on snowy/slick road

25min hike on road/trail

• Replies 0
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic