[TR] - Peak 5606 12/9/2006

ilookeddown

Trip: - Peak 5606

Date: 12/9/2006

Trip Report:

Adam, Steve and I toured up to Peak 5606 Saturday. Our original plan was to ski a coulior off the west side of Rampart Ridge but it became quickly apparent that it would be much too icy. Once we go to the top of Rampart Ridge we saw Peak 5606 to the east and decided to give that a try. We skied the open slopes down the east side of Rampart to Laura Lake, and then had to boot pack 400 ft up a steep drainage to Lillian Lake. We put our skis on toured across the lake and up the north shoulder to the summit of Peak 5606. We ended up skiing the open west face and down the drainage. We crossed the creek, put our skins back on, and toured back up Rampart Ridge then skied down to the car parked at Gold Creek Sno Park. In all it was 7 1/2 miles, 5,100 ft of elevation gain and 6 transitions. Here are some poor quality pictures of the trip and one I stole off NWhikers dot net after doing a search that shows the peak in the summer.

The pic I didn't take of the peak in summer

peak_5606.jpg

1/2 way down Rampart looking down at Laura Lake the bottom of the ski line is in the upper right

IMGP2920.JPG

Booting up to Lake Lillian

IMGP2922.JPG

Crossing Lake Lillian

IMGP2927.JPG

Skiing about 1/2 down Peak 5606 with 1/2 of Adam

IMGP2934.JPG

Edited by ilookeddown

• Replies 0
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic