Leavenworth Gathering

Wayno

After hijacking Goup's partner post I decided to start a new thread. I talked to Steve O in Bend and we decided to pursue this gathering in Leavenworth thing. I've contacted the new partners I've met this year on these boards and have garnered some interest in a meeting. Originally we talked about Old School trad people, but we would welcome anyone interested in joining the fun. Fun is our main goal and an opportunity to meet other climbers. Originally my posts on this board met with only sarcasm, but recently I've had some success with meeting amicable partners. I'm sure there are others out there looking for experienced people to climb with. Even those with little experience are encouraged to join us. Those that I've talked with have no problem sharing their knowledge with a humble newbie. So how about it. An informal gathering of like minded climbers looking for others to climb with and share experiences and stories. Leavenworth this weekend, Sat., Sun., and Mon. Get some campsites and determine a meeting place of sorts and go out and climb. I am even considering cooking some food for people if I get enough interest. I'm a professional cook for many years. I will check my PMs regularly. Wayno.

• Replies 3
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Wayno - I am definately on for this. I can drive up after work on Friday and climb Saturday, Sunday, and maybe a couple of routes Monday morning before I have to head back home. I have plenty of gear, and could even bring an extra rope (or 2) if needed. I lead 8/9 (maybe 10a on a good day) and would be perfectly happy putting up some ropes or belaying someone else on something a little harder.

Excellent ploy offering to cook for us! I'm definately interested in that. Send me a shopping list! I'M SERIOUS! With a little training and a decent knife I could even help prep for you.

I'm SO PSYCHED! The weather is going to be BEAUTIFUL, the climbing is TERRIFIC, and ... the fruit is HEAVENLY (I understand the Nectarines are ripe right now). So, don't miss out folks.

See you all there - Steve

So far we have three for sure and three maybes. I know it's going to be hot and crowded, but we're going anyway. At this point I'm just looking for a chance to meet new people to climb with. Two of us will go up on friday to get a campsite and they will call me on friday night with a location. I'm going up sat. morning. We will probably establish a place to meet in town on saturday. Anyone interested can PM me for details. Free pasta dinner on saturday for anyone who shows.