Chimney Rock - Standard Route

spotly

Camped Friday then climbed Saturday early. Clouds looked dark to the east so didn't waste alot of time gawking. Must have gotten off route (what's new) because it seemed much stiffer than 5.3. A fun route, especially the second pitch. Did the big mantle move at the top instead of going left. Bootied a brand new red tricam. Got down as the thunder and lightning started. Met two friends who were heading up the first pitch. They kept going but I think they bailed before we made it back to the saddle. The hail started dumping as we broke camp. Impeccible timing! Fun climbing, good friends and burgers with beer afterwards.

Take me to rock now!

Chimney2_001.jpg

Chimney2_007.jpg

Chimney2_011.jpg

Chimney2_013.jpg

Chimney2_014.jpg

Chimney2_015.jpg

• Replies 2
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

Ha! Actually had a (just one!) beer as we watched the storm roll through. It WAS fun, thanks. Just got off the phone with Lloyd - they opted to bail near the top and got caught by the storm before reaching the pass. I'm thinking he'll be buying a new alarm clock soon smile.gif