[TR] Broken Top- NW Ridge 7/16/2006

Crevasse

Climb: Broken Top-NE Ridge

Date of Climb: 7/16/2006

Trip Report:

Left the Fall Creek trailhead at about 6pm on Saturday and made my way to Green Lakes. I encountered the first snow on the trail about ¼ of the way in and it was obscured about ½ of the time as I approached the lakes area. The south lake was about ½ covered in ice and a fair amount of snow was on the ground but it seemed to be melting out fairly fast and should disappear quickly with our warm weather. Hardly anyone was camping in the area.

I felt so cozy in my bivy I lazed around enjoying the morning and headed out at 9am. I got onto the climbers trail about ¾’s up to the ridge where it finally cleared the snow. I made easy time enjoying the sunshine and watching two climbers come up the snow field on the north side. I topped out and had lunch in the perfect weather. On the way down a turbo prop buzzed the ridge and started to circle a column of smoke south of Moraine Lake. It’s was weird to see a plane fly so close and below my level. After a while a white puff of fabric appeared and a smokejumper drifted down. All in all a great day. I wish I had a camera to share the great views. Steve went up the next day maybe he can post some pics.

Gear Notes:

None

Approach Notes:

Some snow on trail, none on ridge.

Edited by Crevasse

• 2 months later...
  • Replies 1
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic