Rocky Butte rockfall warning

syklone

Last night while waiting for the peeps to show up at the Butte, a lady pulled up and asked if I climbed there often. Anyway, she lives in the house furthest east above the cliffs, and said that she had seen a large boulder slowly moving closer to the cliff edge next to her house. Now, I havn't climbed that far down on the cliffs to know route names that might be affected, but she said she has seen a guy out there quite regularly who times himself doing laps on a route underneth the suspect boulder.

She was really quite nice, and was just concerned about safety, and not about climbers walking through her flower garden to get to anchors or anything. I forgot her name, Jean, Jane, or something like that. I said I would let people know, and maybe take a good look at it to see if it needs to go over the edge if it is a real safety threat, and its not just her house that is slowly going over the edge. So if anyone climbs near there regularly, take a look at the thing and post if you think it needs to go, and we can organize a trundeling party or something.

Also watch for loose holds out there too. I pulled out a shoebox sized rock on the Silver Bullet bluff last night.

• Replies 1
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic