New Spokane climbing area?

I was wondering if anyone had any info/beta about this?

I drive down Trent (Spokane Valley) on a regular basis but have only recently noticed the cliffs at about Trent and Pines. If you are driving down Trent anywhere near the Pines intersection you would notice them. There is a house sitting on the end of the ridge and the road approaching it appears to be the only way to access the area. I have never heard anything about this area and no one I have asked knows what I am talking about.

Does anyone know if anyone has done any climbing here? I have never seen anyone climbing there. Any info would be appreciated.

Thanks

• Replies 1
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

I did a fair amount of boldering there in the spring of '00, some of it is off limits and the rest is a hangout for homeless peeps and their love of smashing bottles on the rock.

If you look at it from the other side of the hill, more like Pines and I-90, you'll see a water tower and some short bluffs, there's some good short steep power boldering up there, lots of broken glass, worth checking out.

Even better is further east on Trent, after it turns into 290. I can't remember the crossroad but you'll see a bunch of rock and a road that takes off to the left if you're heading East.