smith rocks presidents day 3 day weekend

markwebster

Howdy!

Anybody interested in going to Smith Presidents day weekend? That's this weekend: February 18, 19, 20, leave Friday night (17th) and return Monday evening.

Out of the last 6 years, I've gone three or four times on Presidents weekend, only got rained out one day. Usually it is sunny, cool and windy, although it can be tea shirt weather down in the dihedrals.

I lead bolts and cracks up to about 10a when I'm warmed up, although I'm rusty now (sking season!) and usually start out on sixes, warming up to nines by Monday. Some of my favorite routes are: 5 gallon buckets: 5.8 bolts, spiderman: 5.7 crack, Tammy Bakker's face 5.9 bolts, dancer:5.7 bolts, Karate 5.10 crack, bunny face, both pitches, bookworm 5.9 crack, Moscow: 3 pitches 5.6.

I've been climbing there since 1978 back when it was all cracks, with just a handfull of bolted routes. Smith is always a good time, camping is free.

I normally climb with my wife or my teenage kids, or a couple long time partners, but they are all busy this weekend. I'm easy going, don't smoke or drink and have a car. If you are leery about going with a stranger (and who isn't?), we could meet at a gym this week for some top roping. I've been doing the volunteer belayer thing at Edgeworks climbing in Tacoma since August.

253-884-4785 home

253-677-8857 cell...usually turned off.

email: mark@*REMOVE*websterart.com

**http://www.websterart.com/html/climbing.html**

Let' go climbing!

Mark Webster

28 years of climbing,

you'd think I'd be better at it by now :-)

• Replies 1
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic