Mount Daniel

climbingjosh

• 2 weeks later...
  • Replies 5
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Some buddies I ran into at the Brick on Sunday 5/10 climbed it over the weekend via one of the glacier routes and said it was in good shape and snow free on the approach for higher than they expected. I don't know if there was snow at the lake.

I hiked up the non-technical east-side route last sat (6/16) to the E summit, via Cathedral Rock Trail/Peggy's Pond. Trails are in decent condition, & it's all snow above Peggy's Pond. Snow up high was a bit soft but mostly OK (we carried crampons but didn't use them). Visibility was spotty above 6000', but I got a brief view down the Daniel Gl- a few open crevasses were obvious, but the glacier looked attractive & generally in good shape.

• 1 month later...

Daniel finally made it into our climbing plans. We climbed Cathedral rock on the way in. Then climbed the SE ridge form Peggy's pond. No snow until about 1000ft below the E peak. We had hard snow from there on. We used our crampons, but carried a rope and glacier gear to the summit rolleyes.gif