No longer made by Grivel!

Easy to put on! Lengths adjustable!

Super floatation for 250+ lbs!

Use: Snow Sports, Snow Hiking, Mountaineering, Climbing

Color: Yellow/Black

Construction: Molded Form Composite

Weight: 2 lbs. 8 oz each

Size: Universal size, adjustable snowshoe

Condition: Used but fully operational! These belong to my girlfriend but she actually needs a smaller pair since she is petite. A plastic prong broke off one of the shoes but its nothing critical. These shoes make for excellent snow hiking and floatation, particularly for heavy loads. My pair of these snowshoes work 100% perfectly and i continue to use them for carrying heavy winter climbing packs. The shoes telescope to adjust to your size boot via push-button telescoping side rails. Straping on the snowshoes is simple: only 1 strap to tighten. Other snowshoes require as many as 4 straps to tighten. Metal retractable bar provides heel lift if climbing uphill.

-------------------------------------------------------

Features Description / Review from Backpacker Magazine:

Last winter and spring in Oregon, Jon Dorn and I donned these do-it-all snowshoes and walked across forests full of soft snow, busted through sastrugi (wavelike windblown snow) above timberline, switchbacked up steep crusts with scary 1,000-foot dropoffs below, scrambled out of deep treewells and traversed slushy sidehills. Results: Astounding control everywhere we went.

The Promenades are skinny (8 inches wide), with tapering tails, so they can track across sidehills without one foot tripping over the other. An uplifted nose clears the snow surface whether you're slogging out of deep powder or kicking steps uphill. On moderately firm snow, the hard plastic chassis, which is shaped like an oblong upside-down bowl, packs the snow underfoot for stable stepping. When the snow gets hard, the cleats sink securely every time. Each shoe has six 2-inch points; carbon tips on four of the points (like a trekking pole) bite ice better than other shoes we've tested. For straight-up climbs, three paddle-shaped steel front points slice into snow. The binding system is easy to adjust through a wide range of boot sizes, effortless to slip in and out of, and completely stable.

517622-topEBAYtiny.jpg.fe03cc47705fd7cb61de8fcb10fe29ad.jpg

• Replies 2
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images