Quick TR - Boston Basin

robertm

Went up on Friday afternoon and climbed Sahale via the arm... great easy climb with good views. Camped in Sahale Boston Col. Next morning was raining off and on. We went over and climbed Boston Peak... rock isn't great but not as bad as it looks from a distance. We climbed the East ridge direct roughly following the rap stations. You can rap from the summit with a single 50m in 3 rappels. Plan on 1.5 hours from col to summit and 1 hour back. We then dropped down the Quien Sabe and over to Sharkfin tower for the regular route... the removable bolts were not installed on the Nelson route. Met Caveman & PMS as we were coming down... I tweaked my knee shortly after so I iced it and took some ibu. By the time my knee was feeling better it was around 2 pm so we decided to wait until the next day to climb anything else. It rained saturday night but dawned clear so we went up to climb the east ridge of Forbidden and downclimbed the West ridge. The couliour was in stellar shape and the the climbing was as fun as I remember it. We simuled the whole thing in around 3 hours. There was a party on the North Ridge coming up that I got some good pictures of... here is a link to the photos. Conditions were great... there are blowdowns on the Boston Basin trail which are a pain in the ass. I imagine the NPS will not be clearing them out and later in the year when the avalanche paths melt it might get to be more of a pain in the ass... who knows.

Boston Basin Climbing pics

• Replies 0
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic