Dynafit Bindings

scrambled_legs

I've been a resort skiier for a number of years but got bored and have spent all of my time recently hanging off of ice in the winter. I decided that I can't live without skiing though so I've started looking for some AT gear. I'm looking for any advice that would help out a Newbie in buying gear, especially comments on Dynafit binding setups. Are they better besides the weight? Which setup releases best, etc....

• Replies 3
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Dawson's Dynafit page

The debate between Dynafit, Fritchi, etc has been raging each year - you'll find a lot of information if you launch the search engine. Dynafit - light weight, limited boot selection, figity entry, limited adjustability, elegent, seems very reliable (many bc guides uses them). Fritchi - heavier, maybe better release, fits almost any boot (I have one pair of loaner skis that friends use with their alpine boots), easier entry....

This will restart the old arguements....

I telemark, so I have no first hand experience with AT gear, but among my regular ski partners that do, the consensus seems to be that the Dynafit system rocks for purely backcountry use. Two have switched from Fritschi Diamirs to Dynafits in the last couple of years, and both wish they had done it sooner.

On the other hand, if you plan to use your AT setup in bounds on a semi-regular basis, and are an aggressive skier, most agree that Fritschis, Naxos, etc. are a better choice.

Look for an old "binding issue" of Couloir magazine (they do one every year) which will compare all the offerings and detail the pros/cons of each.