easy hike suggestion?

forrest_m

planning a 3-day backpacking trip for me, my wife, our 7-month old baby and 3 friends from out of town who aren't very outdoorsy. would like to hike max. 2 hours (at a moderate pace) to a lake, camp two nights, come home. had thought perhaps lake annette near rainy pass? but something closer to seattle would be nice. TIA.

• Replies 5
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

What about Yellow Aster Butte?

It has a great trail, good campsites, fantastic views, good wandering for the non-outdoorsy types, multiple tarns, is open enough to keep the bugs down if there's a breeze...

It's one of those settings that your guests will remember for the rest of their lives.

GB

Rachel Lake by snoqualmie pass is really a nice place to spend a few nights. The hike in is a little steep, but only for the last section of the trail.

I have walked past merritt lake on the way to lost lake, and that seems like it might also meet your needs.

For non-outdoorsies and two nights, I think a lake is mostly likely to keep the crew occupied and happy compared to a vista.