FS: NEW Kong Scarab Helmet

snowball

NEW! (download image attachment)

Gift from girlfriend. I have got too much gear. Selling new in box, unused. $100. I will pay shipping. Will accept PayPal payments (just setup an account at PayPal.com). Send payment to: valdes (at) stanfordalumni (dot) org. I have a perfect 40 rating on EBAY with no negative feedback! My EBAY member name is Climbingsnow. Thanks for your interest! David

Product Description from Kong

Lightweight and durable, the Kong Scarab utilizes the Perfix adjustable system to insure that you have the perfect fit. CE Certified for 4 sports: Mountaineering, cycling, watersports and equestrian activities. [Weight: 255 grams [CE & UIAA Certified [size= 20.5" to 23.75"

Product Review by Climbing Magazine

CLIMBING.COM - EQUIPMENT No 227

Kong Scarab Helmet Review

By Matt Stanley

Photo's by Zach Reynolds

Kong Scarab, $117, 10 ounces

Summary: “Straight out of Milan” is how one tester described the Kong Scarab’s appearance. This bike-hemet-style polystyrene model was easily the most exotic-looking lid in the test — the helmet’s well-shrouded vents do indeed remind one of a scarab. Aside from the excellent ventilation, the Scarab also earns top marks for comfort, with a generous — but not chunky — layer of padding inside, and a padded chin strap. While the fit system was very easy to adjust, there were occasional problems with the push-and-rotate button popping open when bumped. Headlamps were difficult to put on and difficult to adjust for position, due to the headlamp clamps also functioning as the end points of the chin strap. Ponytail wearers may have issues with the rear of the suspension.

Pros: Comfortable; easy to adjust.

Cons: Adjustment dial can pop open.

Overall grade: A-

P.S. I put on the helmet and it works fine with my BD Xenix Headlamp and the adjustment wheel works great. Also, this helmet is hard to find, if that matters any... -Snowball

fruit.gif

480067-helmet34viewsmall.jpg.8756b92dcb0eb4cbc83cef3d00b832be.jpg

Edited by snowball

• Replies 1
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images