Parque Pumalin

cj001f

• Replies 5
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I just got back (am in Chaiten now). There were 2 other tourists for the 3 days I was there (thankfully they gave me a ride when I was hitching). I had an entire 100 site campground to myself. It´d be awesome to be there in August, but transportation could be a bit difficult if you don´t have your own. Tomorrow I´m taking off down the Carreterra Austral, which I´ve heard is fantastic. I´m bringing back tons of pics, decide once you´ve seen them! The whole of Pumalin is like a US national park, but without anyone (even in summer, they get something like 10,000 visitorsa year, and I´ve heard that number is a bit on the high side as it probably counts people taking the Carreterra straight through.

You´re from the Santiago area, correct? I´ll probably be there the end of the month. Maybe.

That's awesome, can't wait to see the pics. Yeah, I'm from Santiago. Unfortunately my cousin is at my grandma's apt. right now for school, otherwise she'd put you up. It's still up in the air exactly where we're going, but I can't wait. Have fun!