• Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

"The old man was planning on joining in on the cancelled TU show at the Croc."

Figures. crazy.gif

This from my DGM newsletter yesterday (still vague):

"We do not have details, but we have been informed by Pat that the TU tour is on hold. We will post more details when we receive them."

From Trey's site:

"2004 News

NEWS FLASH

Tu Tour is Cancelled

Sadly, Pat and I have made the decision to cancel this November TU tour of the USA and Canada. What began as the very promising scenario of taking this wonderful duo out on the road, slowly mutated into something more and more difficult and more and more unpromising.

The short story is that the finances no longer added up. The longer story is, in the worst touring time of the last decade, we lost one of our key gigs right when the prospects of the tour were hanging on the edge.

Even more sadly, Pat had already unleashed our crew into the American void in a van with his gear on their way up to Seattle for our first show. And so our cash flow had begun. About the time they were around Denver, Colorado I ran the numbers again with the latest info and called Pat to suggest that we seriously ask ourselves the question: should we pull the whole tour now before it’s too late?

We spent the next day going through all the numbers trying to figure out a way to at least do some of the shows: Should we end in Chicago? Should we end in Denver? What if we only played Seattle, Portland and Chico, California? What if we started in Chicago and played through New York? All of this in hopes that we could get some playing time and get some of the shows recorded and filmed. We tried every scenario and each time it came down to this one thing: the longer we were out on the road the greater loss.

So we did the final thing and ran the numbers for a tour where we didn’t even play one single show. We looked at that number in horror and knew it was still the best call.

And here we are.

We are so disappointed. In part because Pat and I are such a wonderful duo and we rarely get the chance to play together. And in part, because we know so many people were looking forward to hearing us. They will have to continue to wait.

We send out our thanks to everyone who helped us try to make this work: Charlie Hewitt, Mary Jo Kazca and Seth Rappaport and Steve Martin at The Agency. We also thank all the promoters who reached out to help us and to the fans who wrote us such encouraging letters.

thanks again,

TU

Trey Gunn and Pat Mastelotto"

So there you have it. They're not willing to lose money on our behalf. No respect for you and me at all. tongue.gif