[TR] Hyperspace- tr+ warning- 10/2/2004

wayne

Climb: Hyperspace- tr+ warning-

Date of Climb: 10/2/2004

Trip Report:

Saturnday, Paco and I did the amazing Hyperspace route on Snow Creek Wall. He can maybe go into more detail on the climb,as the library is now closing on me.

It must be noted first that the belay just after the "Pressure Chamber" Is in bad shape due to an expanding flake that looks like it offers good stoppers. The large stopper spot almost ripped out when Eric was following and pitched out of the chamber(too much pressure,I guess). The thing that kept from completly friggin out was , I had a decent #3 camelot higher and placed a #4 soon after the grinding noise, and we had good pieces between us till he cleaned them.

You could help the belay by slotting stuff-(#1) tcu,etc, down lower by your knees. or that flake could be safely trundled with some ground support?

Otherwise it is an amazing climb, not to mention quite tough and long and strenous and I could come up with many more adjectives if it helps. You get the Idea.

We got a late start ,noon, and we payed for it by walking out in the dark. Wasnt it the same wall as outerspace? no.. Its much more time consuming and continuously sustained.

You have to do psycopath to start it . What a great pitch. Look to the the new or the really old guidebook for acurate belays etc and dont be afraid to just belay without completly stretching all the rope out. Its more complicated in routefinding until you get to Iconoclast too.

At any rate good luck and dont harbour great red-point expectations either. Cheers to a great Rope-Up, Wayne

• Replies 0
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days