Mexico Nov/Dec?

foraker

Would like to get my ass in gear to finally climb back home in Alaska. However, I would also like to test myself out above 14500' before I do so. Anyone interested in doing Pico de Orizaba in late Nov/early Dec? Last time I had Spanish was 8th grade so don't count on me there.... smile.gif

• Replies 4
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I did pico Orizaba solo in May and really loved it, including scenery, people, culture, food and cost. Very pleasant climb. You don't need to speak Spanish, although it is nice to be able to, they see lots of Gringos there and are used to people not being able to speak Spanish and they know what you want and what you capable of by just looking at you. If you have snow and glacier experience you can do it solo very easily, efficiently and cheaply. Doing with someone else you can save $50 on transportation from Tlachachuca to Pietra Grande. I would be happy to give you all necessary info to do it successfully. tolejnicki@hotmail.com

Cheers

Tony Olejnicki