Malden Mills: A company doing the right thing in this time of corruption

jon

All things being equal I guess being patriotic in that way isn't so bad. But if they aren't over the long run it is virtually always best for everyone involved (from evil commie to stalwart capitalist. Comparative advantage is like the tide - you ignore it at your own risk. Even over the short term things change very quickly. For example HK was once know for cheap production now it is very expensive, Korea also was known as cheap production now it is expensive and production has moved to China. By the way South Korea went from nothing in 1953 to the (I think)11th largest economy in the world. My father and I have had great conversations contrasting the Korea he remembers from the war and my experience with the current Korea. Several years ago it was very common to hear discussions of how labor was too high and they had to move to other countries for production - essentially the same conversations we have here. 200 years from now maybe the USA will be the "low cost" producer. One way to help make that come true is to consider it a moral duty tobuy American!

PP

• Replies 25
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic