Stolen Bicycle

hasbeen

OK...It's not climbing related but I thought I'd see if anyone can help me out. My commuter bike was stolen yesterday from a parking garage downtown (Washington Mutual Tower) madgo_ron.gifmadgo_ron.gifmadgo_ron.gif. I ride to work and really want to get it back. My homeowners insurance will cover it but I'll have to eat the deductible...

Anyway, the bike is a Surly Karate Monkey, small frame with pretty much full Shimano XT except for Avid mechanical disks. It's got a Salsa stem, raceface bars, Flite saddle, and Salsa Delgado X rims. It's got a Turbocat headlight. It's running pretty skinny WTB tires (at least it was yesterday). The bike is pretty distinctive... If anyone sees it at a shop or hears of a bike like it for sale, I'd really appreciate it if you would pm me. Thanks.

• Replies 2
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

Damn that sucks - I think I park in that same rack (I see/saw your bike there all the time) - I figured that was a safer spot to park my bike given the traffic too. Did you have a U-lock - I have a reinforced cable - but I am guessing bolt cutters would make quick work of that and I am only discouraging the quick grabs. I'll keep my eye out - it was a distinctive bike.