[TR] E. Goat- W. Ridge 6/27/2004

AJScott

Climb: E. Goat-W. Ridge/Descent-N.Face

Date of Climb: 6/27/2004

Trip Report:

Drove up to Glacier Friday night to go climbing with my friend Jake. I got there around 8, and was DRUNK by 11! Then we decided to try and get some sleep, I fell asleep and Jake just stayed up, I woke up at 2 in the morning and drove up to the ski area, Jake works for the ski area so he had a key for the gate, and we drove all the way up to the base of chair 8, to try and climb and snowboard the north face of Shuksan. There was a lot of wind and nasty looking black clouds, and it only took one thought of eating breakfast at the Frosty's Inn to turn back down to Glacier. It was pathetic...we spent all day saturday drinking to try and forget the miserable attempt. Sunday we woke up a little hungover, and knew we had to get out and do SOMETHING!

We left Glacier at ten in the morning, after a long night, and drove up Twin Lakes Road until we could see the basin that led up to Goat Mtn.

5600E_Goat_001-med.jpg

We bushwacked down, and back up the other side until we hit snow, from here it was easy going up the right hand skyline, our descent is in green.

5600E_Goat_A_D-med.JPG

The snow was pretty good, a couple of spots had pretty large sun cups, but the boards made quick work of them and it was actually really fun riding.

Here is a shot of the cool ledge we had underneath the windlip to strap in on...thats jakes wolf-dog Kione...she will follow us anywhere!

5600E_Goat_011-med.jpg

And one of Jake and Kione descending the top Col5600E_Goat_013-med.jpg

All and all not a bad trip! not what I drove up to Glacier for, but I had more fun Drinking and hanging out with my friends than I would have had making that evil bushwack across the white salmon drainage.

Gear Notes:

B, Snowboard, O, Food, N, Water, G!

• Replies 3
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 2 weeks later...