is this an appropriate spray response?

shapp

Following is the text of an email reply I sent to a friend from the East Coast. I think his message could be considered classic spary, but I am not too familiar with this "Spray" stuff. So I tried to respond to his spray with may spray. Is this the appropriate level of spray to respond to said spray from my friend or not? Here is my friends email with my response following his email (the names have been changed to protect the ego):

>

> So I guess it was OK for me to pass along your email address, eh? HAHA! Joe is a super great guy, with a lot of energy, motivation, and outdoor experience. The dude's always up for an adventure (just ask him about our backcountry travels in the middle of winter in the Adirondacks!!), and is quick to learn. Oh yeah, he's kinda fond of beer

too.

>

> So, you screwed up your ankle..that sucks the big one. Did you do it climbing?

>

> I've been sport climbing a lot lately, which is cool because my

strength is defintely increasing, but I haven't (save for a few after work, one-route excursions trips) been trad climbing much. However, I did have a pretty spectacular day last Sunday. First thing that morning I ran a 10K leg in a trail marathon, then I headed over to Rumney in NH for a sport climbing blitzkreig. I climbed five routes: 5.11b, 11c,

12c, 11d, and 11c. Needless to say, my ass was worked the next morning. But it doesn't end there! The following morning, my girlfriend and I decide we are going to try to run up then down Mt. Mansfield. WHOW--bigger challenge than we thought. It beat our arses, but we completed our mission in under four hours, and with three stops.

>

> This upcoming Monday, I think she and I are going to get an Alpine start and hit a wall called Pokomoonshine in the Adirondacks. We're going to get on this 5-pitch 5.8 called Gamesmanship. Then, if time permits (she has to back for work by 5:30, and the adirondacks are 1.5 hours away), we're going to get on this uber-classic route called Fastest Gun. 5 plum pitches of hard 5.9/easy 5.10 crack. I've done it before, but not clean, so wish me luck, and send out some good juju for

me Monday afternoon! ANyway, that's enough ranting from me. Take it easy, and I hope you get to hook up with Joe, he's a hoot!

>

> Jon

Dear Jon,

Fell out of the motorhome while sober and twisted my ankle good. I thought I would tell everyone I did it while running from a grizzly in Glacier Park. Haven't done too much climbing lately except when I went to red rocks. However, I did put up a new (I think) 5.6+ or 5.6 c/d 7 pitch route in Idaho with no bolts and only had a set of stoper and 5 cams (rigid friends no less), then smoked a joint while standing on one foot and rubing my tummy

with one hand and patting my head with the other! On top of it I down climbed a 4 class chimney to the bottom then promptly had to take a shit without any TP! Get your ass out here. I need someone to lead the hard pitches.

smile.gif

Shapp

• Replies 2
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic