Hidden Lake Peak info?

stalmon

• Replies 7
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Just got back from there about 4 hours ago smile.gif

I'm not sure what blowdowns Gary was talking about. There are two, but neither one is at all difficult to get over/under (one of them will be annoying to go under with skis but, come on, it's one). Trail is snowfree until the second crossing of Sibley Creek where it changes aspect. From there on is solid snow to near the true summit and to the base of the lookout summit pyramid. As for being a good ski trip, that depends on what you consider a good ski trip. There will certainly be no 3000 foot runs all the way to the valley bottom or anything, but I would imagine you could put together 1000 foot runs, and it is quite easy to come down one run and then go somewhere else for another. Very forgiving terrain for the most part. The snow is melting FAST and there are plenty of bare patches. The snow is in decent shape for skiing, (granted, I don't ski) not icy but consolidated. Overall, I thought it was a great trip for the effort.

great,

thanks for the info, snow at the second sibley crossing is plenty for me to go there and do the carry through the woods. the one blow down you mentioned being tough with skis is where i usually take the pack off and go under then lift the pack and skis over, no deterant.

i certainly wasn't expecting to be able to ski all the way to the trees this weekend, i just would have considered another option if there was a lot less snow than you described or it was already heavily suncupped and runneled.

thanks again for the info, Stalmon

Was there on Tues 6/22. The snow is only after walking the trail for about 2-3 hours, but good snow on the upper west slope and better on east slope, so it is definitely a fun little ski if you don't mind walking a little; its all relative. Trail is fine, one blowdown is insignificant.