ice 9000

TNORM

Just picked up a pair of ice 9000. I was wondering if anyone knew of a place in Portland that can mold the ego-thermal inner boot..I got them 1 size bigger than my normal shoe, which I hear is good thing to do. They seem very bulky and not as light as they have been talked up to be. I will test drive them later in the month on Rainer. Any-one else have some pair already in use...comments

• Replies 3
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

I have the Stupid Alpinistas. I actually like them but I wish they were lighter, more flexible, cheaper, less yellow. I talked to Jack Tackle (note: when given a name, google search it. Saves the embarassment of bragging about going up Rainier twice in one season and 3 other volcanoes in the plans) who "designed" them. He said to buy them for the shoe size you wear. I bought 11 1/2 and sent them back for 11. Dry and warm so far. Those 9000's are ice boots. Thus the name. Hope you find some lengthy front point.

I have the super alpinistas and they're working so far. They seem like they're a lighter, more suped up version of the nepal top. not your sporto mixed gaystrosity.

Have you guys rock climbed in them yet? they climb very well. They were NOT made for walking up rainier, but steep AK type shizzat. For people that want the comfort and percision of leather with the waterproofness and warmth of a plastic is how i see my pair.