Bellingham Climbing: South end of Lake Whatcom

Gregzore

I was heading up to highway 9 yesterday along lake whatcom blvd, and noticed a large rock formation on the uphill from the North Lake Whatcom trail (the one that starts at the end of Northshore Drive). The formation looks to be maybe 300 or 400 yards from the south end of the trail, and a bit of a trek uphill.

Has anyone been there/climbed it or even heard of it? It was kind of hard to tell the quality as I was about a mile away from it, but it looked like there was a lot of rock there, at least for Bellingham.

• Replies 1
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

I have cleaned up a bouldering spot by there. It's nice cause you can boulder a bit, then jump in the lake about 20 feet away.

As for the big cliff. There are some lines starting about 20-30 feet off the ground, good pockets and stuff, but below that is blank.

On the leftish side, there is a large flake, but needs some gardening. We cleaned out a hand crack, but it filled up with blackberry bushes a year later.

Also, about every winter, a big boulder or two will come off the top. There is always a lot of debri ready to go, like dead trees. A few chunks of rock toward the top don't look very stable.

Great swimming holes and ropeswings though. On a nice day it's paradise!