[TR] Diamond Peak- South Ridge 5/9/2004

KingsMM

Climb: Diamond Peak-South Ridge

Date of Climb: 5/9/2004

Trip Report:

Well we got to the snow line about 2:00 P.M. Which was along Rd 380 below 5000ft. We packed up our packs and got going about 4:00. We took the road up to the trail head. Had some trouble following the trail. We followed old tree scars. Which are always fun because haft of them are not real scars. After loosing the trail we arrived at the place where another trail crosses Diamond Rock trail. We made camp here. After eating a few home dried bananas I hit the sack.

Next day we got up and out about 6:00 and headed up the trail. We ditched our overnight gear which made the packs much more bearable. We totally lost the trail this time. So we ended up cutting cross country. With the help of a map and compass we arrived at the lake. From there we took another bearing Due North. At this time my brother was having great back pains so he stopped. From below the tree line I got to the false summit in 40 min then from there to the true summit in 20 min. I was going full speed. I didn't want to leave my brother for too long. Then I descended to him in 20 min. the snow was really deep up till the tree line. After that the wind blew a lot of it away. I used an ice axe on the summit ridge but didn't have to crampon up. We returned the whole way by following our tracks. We were lucky but we might not be so lucky next time. I have pics but don't know how to atach them. Help

Gear Notes:

Bring flagger tape because the trail is not marked at all.

Approach Notes:

I'm guessing that the road will clear up to the trail head in late May. We were stoped about 2.5 miles from the trail head. Which made the trip longer.

Edited by KingsMM

• Replies 0
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic