Chewuch Granite

Uncle_Tricky

Took a little wander up the Chewuch river last week. Impressed with the quantity and quality of the granite up there. Obviously somebody has looked into the area, as I stumbled across numerous bolted lines and some tempting natural lines as well.

Reminded me a bit of the Icicle or the Entiat River Canyon. Many small buttresses, but also some tall vertical faces and tiered systems stretching up many hundreds of feet. Also dozens of neat car-to-house sized granite boulders scattered in the forest below. The granite is chossy and broken down around Falls Creek, but improves as you get further up the valley.

The road is currently closed for maintenance at Andrews Creek, just short of the 30 Mile Fire burn area. I ambled a couple hours past the gate, when just before dusk my hound and I surprised a good sized black bear taking a walk in the other direction. My dog froze, I slipped a leash over his head, and each of us turned and went back the way we came.

Anyone done any climbing up around that area?

• Replies 0
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days