Help, climbed 2 times last week, and my hand...

OldMan

...my 2 middle fingers on my left hand are a bit out of wack. The pain seems to be tendon related? I have total movement, but certain movements give me a shooting pain. Since last tuesday, the pain has softened, but I want to make sure that I shouldn't let it heal for a bit longer.

I climbed at a new gym last week, and the holds hadn't been cleaned in a long time. I had a few instances where my hands slipped due to this, so I figured maybe I stressed the fingers from that?

Anyways, just looking for some insight about such things.

Thanks, The OldMan!

• Replies 3
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

OldMan,

Mmm, sounds tendonish. Is the pain down in the forearm?

Tendon injuries take a long time to heal fully. If you're like me you'll probably take a couple of days off, then go back in the gym and climb on "stuff that doesn't hurt my fingers". If that's the case, plan on taking it easy like that for 4-6 weeks. Ice and Ibuprofen are your friend, especially in the early stages.

If, on the other hand, you've got some snowshoeing you want to do, taking 4-6 off completely would ensure a pretty solid recovery. Either way, go easy on it.

Good luck!