Need Partner for Cordillera Blanca

msmither

I'm travelling to the Cordillera Blanca in Peru with a friend from May 26-June 16 this year, and we are looking for a third person to join us. We will be trekking for about a week to acclimatize, then will be looking to spend a couple of weeks climbing some non-technical glaciated peaks of 18-20,000 ft. The scenery is spectacular--watch Touching the Void for some great film of the area, and the mountains are very high and rugged but quite accessible. I have been trekking in the area in the past. My partner and I are very laid back in our approach, and more interested in having fun, being safe, and visiting beautiful peaks than in technical challenges or risk taking. If you are like minded and have any interest at all, drop me a line for more info! I've attatched a photo from my previous trekking trip, to give an idea of the spectacular surroundings.

304566-tuilaraju.thumb.jpg.291f544fb3730d2b32111b1373ff78b8.jpg

• Replies 2
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Actually the Touching the Void incident did not happen in the same mountain range. The incident occured on Suila Grande in the Cordillera Huayhash. However, the range is close to the Blanca, well fairly close.

But still I agree that the Blanca is an incredible place with astounding scenery.